My cousin Audrey came to visit me here in Santa Cruz, California in 2009 when I was just starting to set up a studio and was using a kickwheel.  She said, "you should have my electric wheel that Henry got me after I took a class years ago ..."  Audrey lives in Virginia.

Joel Magen got on the phone, called the nearest pottery supply to my cousin's home, and within two weeks, I had my cousin's barely used Thomas Stuart electric wheel!

Four years later, I have made Double Happiness wedding cups for Audrey & Henry's daughter's June wedding celebration!  
Another one of those wonderful full circles in life.

The Chinese character "Double Happiness" is traditionally used as decoration for weddings to wish the new couple double happiness in their marriage.

And happily, I've been accepted into 
Cultural Council of Santa Cruz County's Open Studio Art Tour 2013.
I'm starting to work on teapots ... 
Please mark your calendar to come by on 
October 5-6, 2013