Come see us at the Japanese Cultural Fair - Saturday 6 June 2015



Double Happiness Pottery will have a booth at the Japanese Cultural Fair for the second year.  This is such a fun fair - I am looking forward to the day.  Come visit!

11am - 6pm in the Mission Plaza Park, 103 Emmett Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.

Nepal is my heart country, I will donate 50% of my pottery sales to assist in Nepal earthquake relief and rebuilding, through the Chandra Gurung Conservation Trust.  Lots of pots!  I will have old favorites: berry colanders, sake sets, tea cups, tea bowls, and tea pots.  And I have some new small sculpture I've been working on - come see, come hold them.

I am pleased to say that this year's poster and tee-shirt design is my sumi-e painting!  I was extra motivated because I am a Wood Goat...  I made cards of the design that will be be for sale, with proceeds 100% going to the Japanese Cultural Fair.

The Japanese Cultural Fair is kindly supporting fundraising for Nepal relief and rebuilding, so we will have a table of Nepal handicrafts and other gift items. 100% of the sale proceeds will be donated to Nepal earthquake relief and rebuilding.

I am co-founder of the Chandra Gurung Conservation Trust (CGCT), an all volunteer 501(c)3 organization supporting Nepali student mentoring.  We are now fundraising for Nepal, and have been able to support early relief teams going out to villages near the first earthquake's epicenter in Gorkha District, and then expanding to other affected districts.  Monsoon is coming, there's a big push to get more people sheltered for the rainy season.  Namaste!